Updated December, 2019
The founders and directors of the Will To Live Foundation® are committed to running a nonprofit public charity that always remains true to its core values and mission statement!
Fun, positive events like “Where There’s A Will There’s A Way 5K” and the “WILLSTOCK® Teen Music Festival” that are organized and implemented by the young adults of our communities, are a wonderful and positive means to raise the awareness of Teen Suicide in our communities What better way to raise awareness of teen suicide than by the “voice of the kids” themselves? Thus, the money raised by the Will To Live Foundation® has been and will continue to be put to use in the following ways:
- Fundraisers, activities and events created, designed and implemented by the kids. These fun and widely popular “Life Teammate®” bond forming events are done with a goal to not only raise the awareness of teen suicide in our community, but to show that love and good does exist in their lives in the form of their friends – their Life Teammates®
- Examples of these events since the we began in 2010 Include:
- The “Where There’s A Will There’s A Way 5k” Fun Run (Every Feb)
- The “WillStock Music Festival” (For and By The Kids) – (Every September)
- “Team Will To Live” Baseball, Soccer and Lacrosse Teams and tournaments
- High School sports “Mentorship Programs”
- Club Will To Live High School and College Programs
- Over 100 Life Teammate Message speeches given annually to kids and parents all over America spreading the Life Teammate® and “Positive Passion” message.
- “Life Teammate Night” by Club Will To Live at various high schools
- “Life Teammates Day” at community park districts where teenagers “coach” the young kids.
- “Life Teammates Days” at professional and collegiate sporting events such as minor league baseball games.
- Other small and fun, teen driven events like the annual showing of “It’s A Wonderful Life” to highlight our “Who’s Your Clarence?” concept.
- Working with, supporting and funding other nonprofit organizations that specialize in suicide awareness, prevention, counseling, education & training, as well as support for families of suicide victims.
- Examples Include:
- Screening For Mental Health & its “Signs of Suicide (SOS) Program” in over 2,000 schools across the nation including all Fulton County Schools (Atlanta GA) and many other individual schools around the country.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- SPAN GA
- LIFE ACT in Cleveland, OH
- Summit Counseling Center / Mental Health Kiosk
- Summit Onsite – School-Based Counseling program
- Public and Religious Grief Counseling organizations
- Suicide Awareness Task Forces in local communities
- Other organizations and charities that help kids and families in the local communities.
- Scholarships and Grants for the kids of our community – under the Life Teammates® initiative
- Examples Include:
- Life Teammates Scholarships (over 25/year) at Northview High in Johns Creek, GA
- Rock U Scholarship for kids through Music Matters in Alpharetta, GA
- Northwestern University Baseball “Life Teammates Award”
- Wake Forest University “Ron Wellman Life Teammate Award”
- All above scholarships are nominated and voted on “by the kids”
Click Here to Download The Programs Of Will To Live
The Will To Live Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity and all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS.