ENSURING OUR KIDS HAVE A PLACE TO GO
FOR PROFESSIONAL ON-SITE SUPPORT
CREATING A PLACE TO GO – RIGHT THERE – ON CAMPUS
Through Will To Live’s long standing partnership with Summit Counseling, the foundation has been a major funding arm that has enabled licensed therapist on-site at over 25 middle and high schools in Atlanta area.
“Through our partnership with the Will To Live Foundation, we continue to serve children,
teens and families despite the challenges of the distance and economic difficulties brought on by the Pandemic. “
– David Smith Executive Director of Summit Counseling.
Some Key Statistics from our friends at Summit Counseling:
- This past year, 16 Summit On-Site therapists provided services to 1665 students in 28 Fulton & DeKalb County elementary, middle and high schools throughout the north Atlanta suburbs. John and Susie Trautwein at the Summit Gala – helping to “remove the mask” from the stigma of mental illness!
- The Will To Live Foundation also supported The Summit’s Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention Program that conducted over 200 trainings with over 2,000 adults including “Trusted Adult” trainings to help Adults become the Trusted Adult in a child’s life.
- The Summit served 2818 clients in 2019-20 and nearly 60% of these clients were UNDER 17.
“With the support of the Will To Live Foundation, The Summit has been able to guarantee that any child in the
North Atlanta area who needs a suicide assessment can receive one at “NO charge to the family”
– David Smith, Executive Director, Summit Counseling Center
- Will To Live was once again the “Presenting Sponsor” of the Summit Gala in 2021.
- WTL Co-founder, John Trautwein was one of the key note speakers as once again the event played a key role in raising the awareness of teen suicide in our community!
“Our partnership with Summit Counseling is another key aspect of our “Education and Awareness Program”
– whether it be funding Summit counselors on -site at local schools, or providing funds for those who cannot afford counseling,
The Will To Live Foundation is proud to be making an impact in our community through our partnership with Summit Counseling.”
– John Trautwein